Sunday, July 7, 2013

Do you remember? I do

Do you remember? I do.  It was the hottest summer ever. We were in the south of France, the best place  for our vacations. We used to spend our days outside to enjoy that wonderful location, I loved that happy atmosphere made by the crowd, the smell of the sea and the sound of the street markets. But when the sun was about to go down, everything used to change. We went to the beach and everything looked incredibly different. Groups of young people, friends I guess, were everywhere sitting or lying on the little rocks the beach was made from, they were watching the sunset. Some of them whispered but most of them were quiet. They were all enjoying that memorable moment in silence while the last sunshine made the sea surface sparkle. Do you remember?

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful piece of writing! You paint a vivid picture of summer from years past. Who is the audience that you were imagining as you wrote this? I'd like to post this on our class blog if you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to write it! the audience was my best friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From this writing, I can easily imagine how beautiful the sea was!
    I like to swim in the sea in the afternoon, but I also like to enjoy the view of the sea in the evening.

    ReplyDelete